Personal Data:Name: Viggo Liebmann Hansen
Address: Lindøhoved 2
City: 5400 Bogense
Tlf: +45 64 86 16 06
Mobile phone: +45 20 21 66 49
Born: 9 May 1957
Marital status: Married to Birgit Lenk-Hansen No children
Business Career:1980-81 Engineer, LEGO System A/S
1981-82 Long-term planner, INTERLEGO A/S (today LEGO A/S)
1982-85 Senior system planner, LEGO System A/S
1985-95 User Service Manager, LEGO System A/S
1995-97 Consultant, Special Assignments, LEGO System A/S
1997 Own company "viggo.com"
Basic Education:1972-75 A level, mathematics-physics branch from Aurehøj grammar school, Gentofte
1975-80 Master of science in Electric Power Engineering, Danish Technical University. Final Project: "Follow up Systems for Production and Economy at NKT".
Continuing Education:1981-82 Bachelor of Commerce 1st part, Kolding Handelshøjskole
1984-86 Bachelor of Commerce 2nd part, Sales, interrupted in the 8th semester
1986-87 "LUP", Management Training Programme for all managers and presidents of the LEGO Group in Denmark
1989 Adult education diploma
1990 International Management Programme LEGO Group, IMD Lausanne
1980-97 Numerous courses and seminars within: Management, presentation, computer application, information technological insight, etc.
Language Qualifications:English At negotiating level in speech and writing
German At conversational level
Leisure-time Activities:Nature, hunting and sailing
Creative craftsmanship and photography
EDP Skills:Office programs at super user level
Application of INTERNET and World Wide Web programming at a professional level.
1980-81 Engineer, LEGO System A/SEmployed in the system development group, where the concept- and design work behind the central control systems of the LEGO Group was made. I analysed planning policies and designed long-term planning systems.
1981-82 Long-term Planner, INTERLEGO (today LEGO A/S)Employed in the capacity planning department, where, by routine, the needs for machines, staff and buildings for the LEGO Group are consequence calculated at 3-5 years sight, as well as continuous follow-up on consolidated status. Afterwards, specific possibilities of strategy were analysed. My job was to:
- Estimate the need for moulds
- Analyse extension of the factory unit in Switzerland
- Conduct the first article flow analyses
- Analyse the split up into divisions of the Overseas organisation including premises and location in Europe
- Preliminary work for building the 3rd mould factory in AU, St. Gallen in Switzerland
1982-85 Senior System Planner, LEGO System A/SEmployed in the Data Technical Group, where basic software was supported and special assignments were solved. My job was to:
- Be general IT-consultant for the entire LEGO organisation in Billund.
- Design and co-ordinate software development on micro computers
- Introduce Personal Computers to the LEGO Group
- Design and make user courses
- Issue the periodical MICRO INFORM
1985-95 User Service Manager, LEGO System A/SAs manager of the User Service Centre I was in charge of personnel management, determination of service products, supplier negotiation, analysis and selection of new products and methods. The period covers a progress from a pioneer stage, where most approaches were to be created by own means, to a volume where 500 new PCs were purchased, installed and delivered by routine each year. General user service included: Telephone support, PCs, installation of PCs and programmes, user service environment on multi-user machines (VAX), app. 20 different sw titles, repair of hw, up to 20 different self-designed user courses and consultancy. Besides should be mentioned:
- During the period 1985-1987 software support and development to the sales companies was placed in the department. I had a lot of co-ordination, analysis and contact to subsidiary companies in excess to personnel management.
- Development of minor systems was part of the department up to 1993. Tools like 4th GL, prototyping and RAD (Rapid Application Development) were frequently used, and the strategy was elaborated by me.
- During 1986-1988 I participated in TIA, The Technician’s Integrated Workstation, a studying project arranged by Dansk Datamatik Center (Danish Datamatics Centre) and Jydsk Teknologisk Institut (The Jutland Technological Institute)
- During the period 1989-1992 production control systems were developed and implemented for the 3 moulding factories of the LEGO Group in Germany and Switzerland. I was a member of the steering committee, involved in the supplier contact and the introductory analysis.
- I took the initiative for and implemented structured co-ordinator network to the 2000 users’ departments from 1989. I arranged annual seminars for the 60 co-ordinators.
- Future prospects were looked into regularly from 1990. Multimedia and video conferencing were e.g. studied and implemented in 1991 and 1994, respectively. I took part in analyses, arranged seminars, was both in steering committees and workgroups, and presented the decision approach to the board of directors.
- I negotiated and signed the first Microsoft "Select" agreement of the world in 1991.
- A lot of special projects were carried out within marketing and production. I took part in steering committees as well as workgroups.
- The organisation culminated in 1992 with 35 employees, including 4 group leaders.
- The LEGO Group’s internal Business Process Reengineering method "Fit For the Future" was developed by testing in my department. I was here "initiating sponsor" and a member of the steering committee.
1995-97 Consultant, Special Assignments, LEGO System A/SAn analysis assignment regarding the LEGO Group and the INTERNET turned into the development- and implementation project of www.LEGO.com, the international World Wide Web site of the LEGO Group. Besides, operation became part of the project during the first year, and my workday developed into a lot of minor jobs:
- Operational monitoring and correction of errors
- Coding of World Wide Web pages in the language HTML.
- Send out mails
- Co-ordination of sub suppliers
- Regular statistics of traffic, distribution and club members
- The proof-reading process
- Co-ordination of all internal interested parties: PR, marketing, product development, IT, personnel department, etc.
- Dialogue with the management and marketing about new initiatives
- Photography and reporting
Press release with first year status of http://www.LEGO.com.
Design status march 26 1997.
1997 Own company "viggo.com"Supply within the competence areas:
- IT consultancy, where my long and broad experience is offered, particularly to major organisations
- INTERNET activities, where my all-round knowledge and skills within the trade are offered to helping minor and medium-sized concerns of the local area to get on the INTERNET. Experiments and website operation on own server.
Miscellaneous Tasks1982-83 Teaching in Management and Co-operation at the Bachelor of Commerce study, Commercial School in Varde
1989-97 Teaching in Project work and –management app. 15 times at LEGO and twice at Midtjydsk Teknologicenter (The Central Jutland Technology Centre)
1993- Board member of DECUS Denmark, COMPAQ's User Group (Earlier Digital’s user group).
1982- Numerous lectures within computer application, technology, IT-products, user support, analysis, etc.
1999- Board member of LSI-Fyn, independent and managing engeneers.
2000- Cofounder and member of IT-Forum Odense (Now "IT-Forum Fyn")
2001- Teacher at Southern Danish University "Applied Technology and Methods 2 and 4"
2001- Censor at Tietgen Business School, Odense
2002- Teacher at "Odense Teknikum", Engeneering school
2002- Cofounder and member of KommIt Fyn
Feel free to mail me!
Updated February 9, 2002